- Taken on 06/08/2014 – Moon was about 70% illuminated.
- Ten 5 minute exposures
- Skywatcher HEQ5PRO Mount
- GSO 8″ Newtonian f/5
- Canon 450d w/ IR filter removed, GSO Coma Corrector
- Orion Starshoot autoguider
- BackyardEOS to control the DSLR
- PHD2 to handle autoguiding
- Dithering switched on in BYE
Initial registration and stacking was handled by DeepSkyStacker. After that I saved the image as a TIF and imported that into PixInsight. All of the post processing was done in PixInsight – I really need to use it more, the results are worth the effort!
On the higher resolution image the focus looks a little off. I suspect the focus may have shifted slightly due to the dropping temperatures, or I just did a bad job of getting the image into focus.