Nine 5 minute frames stacked using DeepSkyStacker, processed using PixInsight
- Date: 14/08/2014
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
- Camera: Canon 450d w/ IR filter removed, GSO coma corrector
- Mount: HEQ5PRO
- Scope: GSO 8″ f/5 Newtonian
- Autoguider: Orion Starshoot AG
- Imaging: BackyardEOS w/ PHD dithering
- Guiding: PHD2
I’ve shot this target before, but this time I’m using a coma corrector. If you compare this shot with the previous one, it’s upside down! This is because my first attempt was done when M8 was quite low in the eastern sky, whereas this time it had passed the meridian and the mount has gone through a meridian flip.
I also did noise reduction in PixInsight using a relatively new tool called TGVDenoise, it takes a bit of trial and error but the results are great!