It has been almost exactly one year since I first shot NGC 253, and I’ve managed to acquire some new hardware and software in the past year that has made a huge difference. What better way to test my new gear and software than to re-shoot one of my first targets!
Registration and stacking was performed in DeepSkyStacker, post processing in PixInsight, and some tweaking in Photoshop.
- Date: 17/10/2014
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
- Camera: Canon 450d w/ IR filter removed, GSO coma corrector
- ISO800 & ISO1600
- Mount: HEQ5PRO
- Scope: GSO 8″ f/5 Newtonian
- Autoguider: Orion Starshoot AG
- Imaging: BackyardEOS w/ PHD dithering
- Guiding: PHD2
- 50 bias frames, 20 flat frames, 28 light frames (300 second ISO 800, 150 second ISO 1600)
The original from a year ago: