I have re-used the data from my previous attempt, this time the processing was done entirely in PixInsight. If I recall correctly, there was 10 light frames used for a total integration time of 50 minutes.
- Date taken: 14/08/2014
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
- Camera: Canon 450d w/ IR filter removed, GSO coma corrector
- Mount: HEQ5PRO
- Scope: GSO 8″ f/5 Newtonian
- Autoguider: Orion Starshoot AG
- Imaging: BackyardEOS w/ PHD dithering
- Guiding: PHD2
The colour calibration is much more accurate this time around. I have also managed to reduce the noise considerably during the integration phase by using Winsorized Sigma Clipping. This allowed me to be a lot less aggressive with the noise removal tools, resulting in a more defined image.